On June 10, 2011, the U.S. International Trade Commission issued a press release announcing that it voted to institute an investigation of Certain Lighting Control Devices Including Dimmer Switches and Parts Thereof (Inv. No. 337-TA-776).
The investigation is based on a May 16, 2011 complaint filed by Lutron Electronics Co., Inc. of Coopersburg, Pennsylvania alleging violation of Section 337 in the importation into the U.S. and sale of certain lighting control devices including dimmer switches and parts thereof that infringe U.S. Patent Nos. 5,637,930 and 5,248,919. See our May 18, 2011 post for more details.
According to the Notice of Investigation, the ITC has identified the following entities as the respondents in this investigation:
- Pass & Seymour, Inc. of Syracuse, New York
- AH Lighting of Los Angeles, California
- American Top Electric Corp. of Santa Ana, California
- Big Deal Electric Corp. of Santa Ana, California
- Diode LED of Emeryville, California
- Elemental LED, LLC of Emeryville, California
- Wenzhou Huir Electric Science & Technology Co., Ltd. of China
- Westgate Mfg., Inc. of Vernon, California
- Zhejiang Lux Electric Co. LTD. of China
- Zhejiang Yuelong Mechanical & Electrical Co. LTD. of China
In addition, Chief ALJ Paul J. Luckern issued a notice indicating that Theodore R. Essex will be the presiding Administrative Law Judge in this investigation.