The investigation is based on a July 22, 2011 complaint filed by MyKey Technology Inc. of Gaithersburg, Maryland alleging violation of Section 337 in the importation into the U.S. and sale of certain computer forensic devices and products containing the same that infringe one or more claims of U.S. Patent Nos. 6,813,682; 7,159,086; and 7,228,379. See our July 28, 2011 post for more details.
According to the Notice of Investigation, the ITC has identified the following entities as respondents in this investigation:
• Data Protection Solutions by Arco of Hollywood, Florida
• CRU Acquisitions Group LLC of Vancouver, Washington
• CRU-DataPort LLC of Vancouver, Washington
• Digital Intelligence, Inc. of New Berlin, Wisconsin
• Diskology, Inc. of Chatsworth, California
• Guidance Software, Inc. of Pasadena, California
• Guidance Tableau LLC of Pasadena, California
• Ji2, Inc. of Cypress, California
• MultiMedia Effects, Inc. of Canada
• Voom Technologies, Inc. of S. Lakeland, Minnesota
• YEC Co. Ltd. of Japan
In addition, acting Chief ALJ Charles E. Bullock issued a notice indicating that he will be the presiding Administrative Law Judge in this investigation.