On June 20, 2012, the U.S. International Trade Commission issued a press release announcing their vote to institute an investigation of Certain Rubber Resins and Processes for Manufacturing Same (Inv. No. 337-TA-849).
The investigation is based on a May 21, 2012 complaint and June 12, 2012 letter supplementing the complaint filed by SI Group, Inc. of Schenectady, New York alleging violation of Section 337 in the importation into the U.S. and sale of certain rubber resins made using misappropriated SI Group trade secrets. See our May 22, 2012 post for more details.
According to the Notice of Investigation, the ITC has identified the following entities as the respondents in this investigation:
- Sino Legend (Zhangjiagang) Chemical Co., Ltd. of China
- Sino Legend Holding Group, Inc. of Hong Kong
- Sino Legend Holding Group Ltd. of Hong Kong
- HongKong Sino Legend Group Ltd. of Hong Kong
- Red Avenue Chemical Co. Ltd. of China
- RedAvenue Chemical Corp of America of Rochester, New York
- Thomas R. Crumlish, Jr. of Rochester, New York
- Ning Zhang of Canada
- Quanhai Yang of China
- Shanghai Lunsai International Trading Company of China
- Precision Measurement International LLC of Westland, Michigan
Lastly, Chief ALJ Charles E. Bullock issued a notice indicating that he will be the presiding Administrative Law Judge in this investigation.