On June 25, 2012, the U.S. International Trade Commission issued a press release announcing their vote to institute an investigation of Certain Electronic Imaging Devices (Inv. No. 337-TA-850).
The investigation is based on a May 23, 2012 complaint filed by FlashPoint Technology, Inc. of Peterborough, New Hampshire alleging violation of Section 337 in the importation into the U.S. and sale of certain electronic imaging devices that infringe one or more claims of U.S. Patent Nos. 6,400,471, 6,222,538, 6,504,575, and 6,223,190. See our May 25, 2012 post for more details.
According to the Notice of Investigation, the ITC has identified the following entities as the respondents in this investigation:
- HTC Corporation of Taiwan
- HTC America, Inc. of Bellevue, Washington
- Pantech Co., Ltd. of South Korea
- Pantech Wireless, Inc. of Atlanta, Georgia
- Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. of China
- FutureWei Technologies, Inc. d/b/a Huawei Technologies (USA) of Plano, Texas
- ZTE Corporation of China
- ZTE (USA) Inc. of Richardson, Texas
The Notice of Investigation further indicates that the Office of Unfair Import Investigations will not participate as a party in this investigation.
Lastly, Chief ALJ Charles E. Bullock issued a notice indicating that Theodore R. Essex will be the presiding Administrative Law Judge in this investigation.