By John PresperOn January 25, 2013, the U.S. International Trade Commission issued a press release announcing their vote to institute an investigation of Certain Cases For Portable Electronic Devices (Inv. No. 337-TA-867).
The investigation is based on a December 26, 2012 complaint filed by Speculative Product Design, LLC, of Mountain View, California alleging violation of Section 337 in the importation into the U.S. and sale of cases for portable electronic devices that infringe one or more claims of U.S. Patent No. 8,204,561. See our December 28, 2012 post for more details.
According to the Notice of Investigation, the ITC has identified the following companies as the respondents in this investigation:
- En Jinn Industrial Co. Ltd. of New Taipei City, Taiwan;
- Shengda Huanqiu Shijie of Shenzhen, China;
- Global Digital Star Industry, Ltd. of Shenzhen City, China;
- JWIN Electronics Corp. d/b/a iLuv of Port Washington, New York;
- Project Horizon, Inc. of Jacksonville, Florida;
- Superior Communications, Inc. d/b/a PureGear of Irwindale, California; and
- Jie Sheng Technology of Tainan City, Taiwan
Lastly, Chief ALJ Charles E. Bullock issued a notice indicating that Thomas B. Pender will be the presiding Administrative Law Judge in this investigation.