ALJ Theodore R. Essex
Administrative Law Judge Theodore R. Essex has served as an ALJ at the ITC since 2007.
ALJ Essex’s background information is set forth below:
- Educational Background
- The Ohio State University – J.D.
- Miami University (Oxford, Ohio) – B.A.
- Professional Background
- Office of Medicare Hearings and Appeals – Administrative Law Judge
- U.S. Department of Veterans’ Affairs (Compensation and Pension Service) – Consultant
- U.S. Air Force
- Chief of the General Torts Branch of AFLSA/JACT
- Chief of Aviation Law with the Air Education and Training Command
- Deputy Staff Judge Advocate with the Air Intelligence Agency
- Chief of Operations Law at the U.S. Air Force Headquarters in the United Kingdom
- Staff Judge Advocate (Norway)
- Deputy Staff Judge Advocate (United Kingdom)
- Deputy Staff Judge Advocate (Belgium)
- Circuit Defense Counsel for the USAF AL Legal Services Center
- Area Defense Counsel
- Assistant Staff Judge Advocate
- U.S. Department of State – AFLEM Office of International Claims and Investment Disputes – Attorney Adviser
- Sample Ground Rules