Administrative Law Judge Theodore R. Essex has served as an ALJ at the ITC since 2007.
ALJ Essex's background information is set forth below:
- The Ohio State University – J.D.
- Miami University (Oxford, Ohio) – B.A.
- Office of Medicare Hearings and Appeals – Administrative Law Judge
- U.S. Department of Veterans' Affairs (Compensation and Pension Service) – Consultant
- U.S. Air Force
- Chief of the General Torts Branch of AFLSA/JACT
- Chief of Aviation Law with the Air Education and Training Command
- Deputy Staff Judge Advocate with the Air Intelligence Agency
- Chief of Operations Law at the U.S. Air Force Headquarters in the United Kingdom
- Staff Judge Advocate (Norway)
- Deputy Staff Judge Advocate (United Kingdom)
- Deputy Staff Judge Advocate (Belgium)
- Circuit Defense Counsel for the USAF AL Legal Services Center
- Area Defense Counsel
- Assistant Staff Judge Advocate
- U.S. Department of State – AFLEM Office of International Claims and Investment Disputes – Attorney Adviser
Sample Ground Rules
Certain Vision-based Driver Assistance System Cameras and Components Thereof, Inv. No. 337-TA-907 (Public Version Issued January 28, 2014)
Sample Procedural Schedule
Certain Vision-based Driver Assistance System Cameras and Components Thereof, Inv. No. 337-TA-907 (Public Version Issued March 20, 2014)
Sample Initial Determination
ALJ Essex Issues Public Version Of Initial Determination In Certain Optoelectronic Devices For Fiber Optic Communications (337-TA-860)
To view the full bios and photos of all the ALJs, please visit the ITC website.